Search This Blog

Sunday, June 8, 2014

Birchbox Man June 2014 And AWAY WE GO



 Every month guest reviewer Jonathan (a.k.a. my handsome boyfriend) reviews his Birchbox Man for my blog.  Birchbox Man is $20/Month for a box full of manly essentials delivered straight to your mailbox.  Enjoy his post below!


 Well, I inexplicably have a bathroom full of fancy toiletries which means it must be time for another review. And if you like washing with lavish soaps and rubbing yourself with lotion then you’re gonna LOVE this month’s Birchbox Man!  For the rest of us, get ready to get clean ‘cause it’s soaps and lotions....FROM AROUND THE WORLD!



The items collected in this box are as follows:

 Billy Jealousy Beard Wash

Made in the manliest state of America, Texas, this beard wash will rinse out all traces of BBQ sauce and chewing tobacco juice found soaked in the average man’s beard.  Since the summer months are upon us and I am currently clean-shaven, I have very little need for a $20 beard shampoo.  But come No Shave November, you better believe I’m gonna use it!

Mt. Sapola Body Lotion - Lemongrass

This decadent lotion from Thailand leaves skin feeling soft and smooth while making you smell like a delicious Lemon Meringue Pie; just in time for summer!  I hope the full-size version comes in a bigger jar (for 24 bucks, it better) because there wasn’t nearly enough to cover my entire body.





PLANT Face Oil

This mixture of natural oils may look like something you cook with but it’s actually for your face.  Now, usually my face is oily enough on it’s own so I was pleased that it moisturized without being greasy. After reading the list of natural ingredients, and seeing that only seed and nut oils were used, I was curious enough to give it a little taste and was not disappointed!  The essential oils of Rosemary, Sweet Orange, & Ginger give it a little extra zip that tastes good by itself or on a piece of bread! 

Proper Bar Soap

This pure vegetable soap on the other hand tastes terrible!  Don’t get me wrong, it’s a fine French-made soap; rich & creamy lather, pleasant aroma, refreshing feel, but DO NOT taste it (no matter how delicious the ingredients may sound).

J Fold Card Carrier

This super-light, ultra-thin, possibly anorexic wallet is made from 100% green leather and makes a normal billfold look like William Howard Taft stuck in the White House bathtub.  While it’s small size is ideal for travel, it’d be nice if there were more slots so I can take along my Drivers License, Debit Card, Credit Card, Library Card, Blood Donor ID Card, Health Insurance Card, Social Security Card, Mr. Goodcents Centsable Club Card, Student ID, Selective Service ID, Middle School ID, Gym Membership, Boarders Gift Card, Circuit City Gift Card, Blockbuster Card, and my coupon for one free car wash.

WHERE TO NEXT? Travel Quiz/City Guide

It should be noted that the theme for this month’s Birchbox is about being a World Traveler....at this point, I feel like an extremely clean world traveler who has stolen a lot of hotel soaps and moisturizers.  Add to the fact that I literally have no money in my new wallet and I really do feel like I’ve been on vacation!  This is why I hope to win it big with a trip courtesy of JetBlue.  I haven’t read all the rules yet but I’m pretty sure all I have to do is fill out this travel quiz and they’ll send me to wherever.  Since I got a three-way tie between New York City, San Francisco, and Portland, Maine I guess I’ll be going to all three!  Thanks Birchbox & JetBlue!

Altogether, (and assuming I win the free, all-expenses paid trip) this Birchbox is the best one I’ve ever had and am quite impressed by the variety of high-quality products for today’s modern man.









No comments:

Post a Comment