Search This Blog

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Ipsy Review March 2014 and My First Post Ever!

Hello and welcome!

I am so excited to share my subscription bliss with you and even more excited to kick it off with an Ipsy review!  This is my second Ipsy bag and I LOVE it!  Ipsy is a monthly beauty subscription service.  For $10.00 U.S. per month Ipsy sends you a unique makeup bag filled with 4-5 goodies to try out.  (To subscribe, Click Here!) Its inexpensive and a great surprise in the mail.  I especially love being able to see the products in my bag for about a week or so before I finally receive it.  I got my email with my tracking code when the package was shipped and I have been checking it every time I check my email, which is way too often for my own good.  And why, oh why, does it sit for two days in the shipping facility!  Those of you with an online shopping habit know what I mean when I say that those tracking codes induce some serious anxiety! Finally I got home and opened my mailbox to see that shiny pink envelope just waiting for me to tear it open to see what was inside.




I have to admit, when I first saw the glimpse of the bag itself on the Ipsy website, I wasn't too impressed with the design but now that I see it in person, its actually pretty stinkin' adorable.  The print was specially made for Ipsy and the tag describes it as part of a geography-based series from artist Klari Reis called "Street Anatomy" and showcases San Fransisco, CA.


Upon opening the bag I noticed that it wasn't stuffed as full as the February bag, but I think the products are great and I am happy to say that I will definitely be using all of them.  I received a small tube of Flawless Beauty Primer from Pixi, which when i tested on my hand felt very soft so I'm looking forward to trying it out.  The real show-stoppers, however were the Chella eyeliner pen, the NYX Love in Rio eyeshadow trio, and a lipstick from Bare Minerals Moxie Get Ready.   All in all I am very pleased.



The Chella eyeliner pen is indigo blue and goes on very nicely.  I love the fine tip and how easily it goes on.  I also don't normally wear colored eye-liner so I can't wait to try it out for a different look.




The options on the Ipsy Glam Room showed a possibility of two different eye-shadows that could be in the bags.  I was hoping to receive the Bora Bora Be a Bombshell eyeshadow quad mostly because the colors are different from what I normally wear and I relish the Ipsy bag for the opportunity to broaden my makeup horizons, but I do wear neutrals quite often and so I was definitely not disappointed to get the NYX Love in Rio trio.  The colors are a little shimmery and very "me".



My favorite product is this Bare Minerals lipstick.  I am not a lipstick girl, I much prefer gloss or tinted lip balm, but this lipstick is fantastic!  It feels light on my lips and the color is perfect on my skin.  I will definitely be purchasing a full size.  I never knew lipstick could be so wonderful.




All in all, I am very pleased with this bag.  I will use everything I received and I definitely feel like I got more than my $10 worth of makeup and beauty products. If you don't already subscribe, I definitely recommend this service.  Subscribe Here! Do you subscribe to Ipsy?  If so, how did you feel about your March bag?  What was your favorite product?

Looking forward to my next review and I can't wait to see what April will bring!

Thanks for stopping by,
Allison

** All Opinions are my own and do not reflect the opinions of Ipsy.  I am a subscriber to this service and was not compensated for this post **

No comments:

Post a Comment